The line between being friends with someone and liking them in that special way is very thin. So is having a crush on someone and being obsessed with the opposite sex in general. Do you have a harmful fascination for the class-mates / group-mates from the opposite sex? If so, you are hanging at the edge. One more step and you are doomed.
If you want to know whether your ‘friendship’ is really something else, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you spend more time with friends of the opposite sex? (Notice we are not talking about a special someone here, we are talking about friends of the opposite sex in general)
- Are the kinds of things you talk about when you are alone with a friend from the opposite sex different from what you usually talk about when you are alone with a friend from the same sex?
- Do you spend more time with friends from the opposite sex on the phone or internet?
- Do you get into long discussions or arguments about love, marriage etc. with friends of the opposite sex?
- Do you share very personal things – the kind of things we usually share with only one person- with a friend of the opposite sex? Why do you do that? Because he or she understands you, or just because you like talking to him or her?
If the answer to all the above questions is ‘yes’ then your ‘friendship’ is just an excuse to spend time with s the opposite sex. No doubt you are having a good time now, but be careful! It won’t be long before the house of cards you are building in your imagination begins to collapse.
College, may be university? Then your ‘best friend’ will leave with someone who is more successful. You will be left alone – with a lot of valuable time wasted.
article source: Quantum Method
other related posts: